The Old Tattered Flag

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Two ideas for the butter molds







Butter Mold Chair pads ~ Light Version


Braided Table Mat



About a year and a half ago I designed a set of chair pads inspired from some antique butter molds.  They have been tremendously popular.  Well, to my surprise my Mother hooked me a set for my Birthday back in October.  This time she went with a lighter version, a tan background.  It's amazing to see the same design but with the color difference isn't it?
Also wanted to show you a neat Christmas gift she gave to me.  She made this cute little braided table rug with the selvage ends from pieces of wool.  How cute.  Honestly, we don't throw any wool scraps away.  We stuff pillows with out wool snippets.  It gives them a denser feel.  
For the butter mold patterns/kits, visit www.theoldtatteredflag.com

Until next time.....

1 comment:

Cammie said...

It is fun to see the butter molds hooked with a different background, not sure which I like better!! The braided rug is wonderful too, what a talented mom you have!
Have a great day!
~Cammie~

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.