The Old Tattered Flag

Sunday, October 14, 2012

A primitive homestead tour.....

I'm not going to write much because really, these pictures pretty much make me speechless, but what I will tell you is that I was getting worried that I wasn't going to find any good primitive places to visit here in Missouri.  I knew they were here because I've been to this state before.  Well, my mother and I found a wonderful primitive Antique shop with a very friendly owner named Dee.  To make things short, we now have a tiny booth in her store, come back to see pictures in a day or two.  And, she told us about her friend Denine who was having an Antique show that we just had to attend if we loved antiques.  This is what we witnessed..................
Main Cabin

Main Cabin porch

backyard outhouse....

pioneer pooch

pretty!!


Trappers Cabin...

Trappers Cabin..........and Mom!

Trappers cabin porch....

Trappers Cabin porch.......



Main cabin bathroom......

main cabin bathroom......

main cabin bathroom.........

master bedroom.....

Master Bedroom....

Master Bedroom.....

Outside........





Guest room main cabin.......

Main cabin sitting area.....

Inside Trappers cabin

Inside Trappers Cabin.....

Inside Trappers cabin.....

Inside Trappers cabin

Little kitty....

Inside main cabin sitting room

Main cabin

Main cabin

Main cabin kitchen

main cabin kitchen

Main cabin Kitchen

Main cabin kitchen...

Storehouse....


The shop, that's right, here's what was for sale......

The shop.....

The shop......

Main cabin back porch


Main cabin back porch

Main cabin back porch 
I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this place and these people were.  Denine and here husband were so friendly.  They had a pot of chili, some hot dogs and cookies for everyone........for free.  They were obviously gracious enough to let me go crazy with photographs.  
This is not a museum, they are just serious collectors who love the simple life.  These cabins were all relatively new.  The main cabin had all the comforts of a modern home, tv, computer, AC.  
It was truly an amazing tour and yes, we did indulge in the shop a bit too!!  I thought you'd all enjoy seeing it.  It was in Dixon, MO.
Until next time...............

7 comments:

I Play Outside The Box said...

I would love to see this place....shoot...I'd love to live there.

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful! Thank you, and the gracious owners, for all the photographs! Just found you via Pinterest and loving all I see. Signed up to follow your blog too! I look forward to many more posts on quilting and vintage places to see. ~ Lynda from Life on the Farmlet

Laura said...

Wow great place
Laura Quaglia

Joanne said...

Oh wow! I would LOVE to see this! We live in a wood and stone cabin in the mountains of western NC (not a log home). It was never meant to be a full time home. We've tightened up where we can, but it will always be what I call quirky. Love our perfectly imperfect quirky cabin. I found this by searching primitive cabin porch in Pinterest. Looks like I may be late to the party. ☹️

Tạp chí làm đẹp said...

Cảm ơn bài viết của bạn, mời bạn tham khảo thông tin >>> Kiến thức bạn cần biết về vai trò của hàm duy trì ? khi niềng răng ?

Anonymous said...

Warm a primitive Dream in me.

Anonymous said...

Blair Witch inspired creepy cabin lol

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.