The Old Tattered Flag

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Some new things to show you!!

We are in full on creating mode here and I just love it!!  I really wish I didn't have to sleep.  I just hate it when 6pm comes and I have to stop what I am doing to fix dinner. 

 Here's what's new:

"Ezzie's Cat" ~ I was putting together some packages one day a few weeks ago and this one just popped in my head.  Oh my goodness, Mom did outstanding hooking it, just look at those primitive colors!!  I have uploaded the pattern to the website, click on this link if interested in
purchasing it:
Ezzie's Cat pattern
But right now, the website is not allowing me to add the option to make it a kit.  If you would like the kit it would be an additional $80 for all the woolens just as you see in the photo.  The rug is 18 x 26 inches.


I'm really excited about these as they have also been in my mind for some time.  Hooked Valances.  This first prototype was made for our laundry room door.  It is 21 x 8 inches and Mom sewed a sleeve on the back and slid a tension rod through it.  How lovely and elegant is that hanging over a sheer curtain.  I am not quite sure how I'm going to do it, but pricing will be for various sizes and when the valance is ordered you will tell me the size of the window.  I do not have these on www.theoldtatteredflag.com just yet as I am still figuring this out.  

This first prototype is our Summer Valance, the ones below, under the Summer valance and in this order are; a poinsettia for Winter, a Folky Tulip for Spring and a Sunflower for Fall.  When these are finished I will get them on the website with appropriate pricing for sizing and kits.  If you "need" the set now, just email me theoldtatteredflag@yahoo.com and we can discuss sizes, prices, etc.

A Flowered Valance for each Season!!

When I don't have a design for Mom to work on, she pulls out some from years ago.  She says I drew this for her a few years ago, but I don't remember.  Lovely, should I offer it as a pattern?


I'm very excited about this next one.  "Carol's Pennies".  Oh my goodness, the things that could be done with this one as far as color.  You could do it with a fall theme, patriotic, or as we are going to do it, with a mix of primitive colors and a soft black background.  It is 22 x 22 and is going to be stunning!

"Carol's Pennies"....coming soon to www.theoldtatteredflag.com
 And what would my blog be without Baxter.  Here he is earlier this morning, enjoying the sun!!  

No one sits like Baxter.....and on those stones, ouch!

I wanted to let you know that my Hubby and I will be flying out Saturday to go up and help my Son get settled back at school.  We will then be scouting areas for our next and hopefully final HOME.  His retirement date is fast approaching and we do have a few leads so want to check out the areas.  I am very excited about this next chapter in our lives and especially to see my boys and visit the Northeast.  So, I will not be able to get orders out until next Saturday and the blog will be quiet for a few days.  Wish us luck in our Home search, we've narrowed it down to Mass, New Hampshire, Conn. or Vermont, but then again....you never know.

Until next time....

6 comments:

marie said...

Yes, offer the sunflower as a pattern. Do you give the option for just a paper pattern as I do like to draw my own and add some details of my own.

The Paisley Studio/Sarah McNamara said...

The valances are such a clever idea! Enjoy your trip. Sarah

theoldtatteredflag said...

Sorry Marie, I do not offer paper patterns.

Unknown said...

I want them all! The valances, Ezzie's Cat and Carol's Pennies. Sincerely, Your Sis!

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

The valances are so neat! I can see Carol's Pennies done with hooking and actual pennies or even standing wool circles!

Cheryl D Roberts said...

I say YES on the sunflower with the bees pattern!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.