The Old Tattered Flag

Thursday, December 29, 2011

New designs and a rug for me!!

 
 

I love the week between Christmas and New Years Day as I take the opportunity to relax and do the things I really enjoy, like well, eating first and foremost, setting up a puzzle, playing video games (I am sore from playing wii raquetball) and just generally puttering around.  I am sad to say though, that the scale is reflecting this.......oh well, it's the holidays and I said I was going to allow myself some indulgences.  Back to weight watchers point counting on Monday.  I guess that's why they call it "watching your weight", a concept that's been foreign to me my entire life.  I hope I'm successful getting back on the plan.
Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of new rugs with you.  The first one is my revised "6 crows" rug that a local hooker, Ann Farr hooked for me.  She's a wonderful hooker!!! 
The second on is my new "lovebirds" pattern.  We went a bit different with the colors this time, but I really like them.  Brighter but still with that primitive look.  Mom did a great job.
The last picture is a rug Mom gave me for Christmas.  It's a pattern by Maggie Bonanami, out of her most recent book.  Pick it up if you see it.  She is just amazing.  Mom used the most beautiful colors on this.  I can't tell you how many times I walked into her room only to be yelled at by her "get out, get out".  She was working on it!  I'm glad I didn't see it before Christmas morning, it was a wonderful suprise.
Tell me about your wonderful Christmas surprises....
Until next time.....

7 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your mother is an amazing hooker. I love every one of her rugs! My best gift was wonderful flannel robe from my husband. I could wear it all day!
Hugs,
Courtney

theoldtatteredflag said...

Funny you mention that Courtney, I gave mom a fluffy blue bathrobe. I don't think she'll take it off until May!!!

appleberrycottage said...

I'm totally in love with the rug that your mom made! Just love the colors and the border. I'll have to check out that pattern.
Laura

Raymond Homestead said...

Love the rugs especially the Maggie one!!

ileyssilver said...

Hi Julie,
Any chance I could still get this rug? Also the Prim Santa holding the feather tree?
Iley

theoldtatteredflag said...

Hi Iley,
I believe the rug you are talking about is the Maggie Bonanami pattern that my mother made me for Christmas. It is a pattern in one of her books. The Santa with the feather tree is indeed my design and available at the website, here is the link:
http://www.theoldtatteredflag.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=527

Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I would love to hook the rug that your mom made for you for Christmas a few years ago. It is a Maggie Bonanami pattern. Do you know what book of Maggie's the pattern was in? I really would like to find it. The rug your mom hooked for you is beautiful and I so want to hood one like it! Thanks for your help!
Gaye

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.