The Old Tattered Flag

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Proddy and dieting!!

Hi Everyone, so sorry I haven't written more often.  Guess what, it's busy.....as usual.  It's that time of year where you have an almost overpowering impulse to organize and for me that's very hard because everyday I am having to draw patterns, print out cover sheets, etc, so I make a mess every morning, then have to clean it up.  If I was only organized.  Will it ever happen?  I have almost come to terms with the fact that organized chaos is ok, right? 
We have been very busy with some newer projects.  Our local hookers have wanted to learn proddy hooking.  Although I'm not a huge fan of proddy rugs (I really don't care for the straight edged rag rugs) we have been fooling with some different ideas.  See the simple sheep rug I am working on below.  I just wanted to hook up something small and try putting a proddy "frame" around it.  You know......it's different......and it's growing on me.  It's not something I would do alot of, but it's different and fun.  Mom is doing a zig zag border around a simple crow rug, but hasn't finished it just yet.  When it's done I'll show it. 
 Speaking of Mom, she is in the process of finishing one of my new designs, the swan rug. She is trying to decided whether to put a braided edge on it.  I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that she will!!  If she does I'll update the photos.  It's a stunning, simple design, the colors, the colors. 

Life in the New Year dieting world is NOT going easy.  For the past year and a half I have been living the weight watchers life and it's been not bad, but since I blew it over the holidays I have been having a very hard time getting back to it.  I'm cooking the same, healthier, but it's the need to snack that is killing me.  Fruit?  Who needs fruit when there are pringles to munch on. Hey, they are low fat pringles!!! 
Well, I better get back to that sheep rug, I'll add photos when it's done.  Until next time...


 

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.