The Old Tattered Flag

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cookie #6 in "The 12 Cookies of Christmas"





Brownies, Brownies, Brownies

When I was younger and we use to make up the cookies boxes as I mentioned a few blogs ago we always use to do mint brownies.  Mom would make a simple pan of brownies, but then frost them with her great homemade mint frosting. So, in true over the top fashion I have managed to jazz up the average brownie.  What you see above is a regular brownie mix but I added a bag of toffee bits to the mix.  When cooled they have been frosted with nutella.  Yum!!!

Other great ideas for brownies, that I have done for many school functions are:
Add a bag of mini M&M's to the mix and bake as normal.
or
Candy bar brownies.  Make brownies as usual,  When cool, take a decorator bag with chocolate frosting.  Make a dollop of frosting on each brownie then top with a piece of your favorite candy bar.  The kids go crazy for these.
or
Holiday options, the mint frosted brownies are great, or mix in peppermint M&M's, or top with a peppermint piece of ghiradelli chocolate.
We never eat plain brownies in this house!!!

Until next time.....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.