The Old Tattered Flag

Monday, May 28, 2012

Empty nest and my flag....

"Welcome Home" Punch Needle

"The Dancing Witch" Hooked Rug

My flag....it's a big one


Well,if you've seen my blog you have seen the pictures of our Robin babies...well, today the nest is empty.  They flew away yesterday.  I was going to post a picture of the empty nest but it made me too sad considering that I am moving my oldest into his first apartment on Friday and my youngest is graduation in June.  Empty nest sure does apply here!!
So instead I decided to show you some pictures of some recent projects we finished.  I punched my "Welcome Home" design that is also available as a hooked rug pattern and my mother recently finished my "Dancing Witch" pattern.  It's actually the second time she hooked it,but the first time I forgot to photograph it before it went out the door.  Both patterns in punch and hooked styles are available at:
www.theoldtatteredflag.com

Also thought I'd show you the progress on my huge flag.  It doesn't look like much but the flag is nearly 3 x 5 feet so trust me, that little bit has taken awhile, and, it's just straight line hooking so it's a bit boring, but, I must say, it is going to be nice when done.  Can't wait!  
Until next time....

1 comment:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I started a flag (not nearly as big as yours!) because I wanted straight lines for a change. :-) I really like the punch needle piece. :-)

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.