The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Babies are almost grown.....

The babies are almost ready to leave the nest.

Pretty!

More pretty!!

Antique Pineapples.....any takers?

New Pattern....."Keeper of the Flag" hooked by Ann Farr

New Pattern......"Welcome Home" hooked by Ann Farr

What a beautiful weekend we have been having with temps in the low 80's.  I just love it when it's like this and as you can tell I really get outside with my camera.  The baby robins that are nested on my flag are almost ready to leave the nest.  It has been so fun to watch them grow and I still feel bad for the mother and father who fly back and forth feeding them all day.  They have gotten so big that it is getting cramped in the nest.  
The "Antique Pineapple" rug is about to be listed on ebay.  It was an order my mother got a few months ago and we have not been able to get in touch with the lady.  She has always been a very reliable customer so we are concerned, but, as it has been a few months we figure it's time to let the rug go.  It is not my design, but one that the lady sent to us to make up for her.  Oh well, if there was ever a reason to get a deposit I guess this is it.  If anyone is interested please let me know.
"Keeper of the Flag" and "Welcome Home" are two new designs that I am about to list on my website and Ebay.  Thank you to Ann Farr for hooking them, she is a BEAUTIFUL hooker!!  
We had a barn sale over the past two days and it was slow, so we will most likely do it again, followed by our last "get rid of it all" before we move sale.  I can happily say though that we are thinning out our "junk".  (It's good stuff though, I can't tell you how many trips we've made back to the house with our own stuff)
So, for the rest of the weekend I plan to relax, which means I might work on my flag rug, do some computer work, go grocery shopping.  It's amazing how that stuff becomes "relaxing". 
I hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend and takes a moment to remember those who have payed the ultimate price and their families.  
Until next time.....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.