The Old Tattered Flag

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Antique Coverlet Wool Applique progress




Wow, just a quick post here to show you the progress of the Antique Coverlet wool applique.  I sat in front of the tv and cut out the shapes.  They look daunting, but with a good pair of scissors it was not bad at all.  I took some time with placement of the shapes, have tacked them all in place and now the stitching begins....so, if you are not a rug hooker but love this design, give the wool applique a try.  The pattern will be available to buy on www.theoldtatteredflag.com next week.  Love the blue, don't you??  I also got those other three wool applique patterns done, "Prim Sheep", "3 Pumpkins" and "Beehive in the Flowers" will be available on the website tomorrow.  I'll post pics of them here tomorrow as well.  I'm off to stitch, 
until next time.....

1 comment:

Happy Valley Primitives said...

It's a beautiful piece! Can't wait for the pattern. Looks to be pretty large too, but WOW! It's just so stunning!

Ilene

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.