The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ahhh, Animals......


"Animal Series"


"1831 Anitique Floral" Wool Applique all ready to be stitched


Fun, fun, fun, some new ideas with mixed media, paper and fabric.  Soooooo primitive!

I'm finding myself in a good place right now, getting caught up on mundane things like computer work, paperwork (although I haven't even thought about tax stuff), inventories, etc. So, as I mentioned in my last post, all these ideas are coming out.  I have so many designs in the works right now it's almost overwhelming.  Mom finished hooking our "Animal Series" rugs a couple days ago.  I have either four separate patterns as you see in the photo, or I have drawn the animals all together. They are all on the website, http://www.theoldtatteredflag.com/ 
My "1831 Antique Floral" is coming along nicely in all three mediums. It is available in punch needle, rug hooking and very soon as a wool applique pattern.  I wanted to show it with both an antique black background and a grungy white background.  I love them both, couldn't choose which one I love more.  (I punched it with a grungy light background).  I am stitching the black one right now and hope to have the pattern available next week.  Mom has hooked it with an antique black background and only has the border to do and OH MY GOSH, it is just beautiful!  I'll get pics of that on hopefully tomorrow.
The last pictures are of the mixed media I fool with on my days off.....!  I am having a blast with the texture you can create with paper and fabric and painting techniques.  This is not for the faint of heart as I like to really make them grungy and super primitive.  I just love it!!!  
Well, off to the store, it's "hooking Thursday" tomorrow and we are off to get some goodies!
Until next time.....

1 comment:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Loving your creativeness! The animal rugs are awesome. The sheep is on my wish list. :-)

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.