The Old Tattered Flag

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Successful Class and Barn Sale

Phew, it's been another busy week. Last Thursday we had a Wool Applique class and offered our students the opportunity to have a preview of our barn sale. We had 13 ladies come over to work on "Ezzie's Hat". It was fun to see a room full of ladies working on one of my patterns. Everyone got some goodies in the barn sale and hopefully had fun making their own Halloween Pattern. Thanks so much Ladies!
The barn sale was a HUGE success. We got rid of so much stuff. Thanks to the man who took my husbands weights (for free), being less that amount of weight will make the move easier next year. We will be making donations to the Salvation Army, Urban mission and library with the leftovers. One more sale in the spring and we should be in great shape...
Yesterday we set up at a luncheon on Fort Drum to show some of our finished items and generated some interest from perhaps a couple new prospective hookers?? Time will tell.....
New items including wool, paintings and finished stuff will be on the website tomorrow and I'll post pictures here too...
Until next time....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.