The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Barn Sale this weekend






Well, I haven't written for a few days because we've been in barn sale hell. You can see why if you look at the pictures. Part of being a military family is that you have to "unload" every so often because we are only allowed a certain amount of weight per move. Well, when we moved here we thought we might be here to stay. But, since my husband was recently promoted we have now stay in for at least another three years and that means another move. So, it all has to go.
Now, I know what your thinking. We could be on the show hoarders and I don't think I can disagree with you. I was thoroughly disgusted with myself. The only redeeming thing to come out of this is that we have put together one of the most organized sales I've ever done. Everything is marked and labeled and cleaned. It feels so good to have it all ready to go. So, barn salers, if you are reading this and are local, come on over, Friday and Saturday from 8-3.

I don't usually post really personal photos because...........well, I just don't, but it is senior photo time and we had a wonderful photographer named Lori Hickman come over the other day to take photos of my son. Here are a couple of the more humorous ones she snapped that I just had to share. My son is.............a ham.....to say the least and we have very few serious photos of him. Lori did manage to get some though. If you are local and want a very reasonable photographer who will come right to your house, look her up on facebook.

Until next time.........

2 comments:

appleberrycottage said...

What great senior photos, especially the black and white one!
Laura

Lori Hickman Photography said...

Thank you so much for choosing Lori Hickman Photography to capture Jeremy's Senior portraits. It truly was a blast and I can see how Jeremy always puts a smile on his friends faces. I absolutely enjoyed it and look forward to working with your family again in the future!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.