The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, September 3, 2011

A couple things to share....




I was just sitting here waiting until 4:00 to go to the mall. Have to finish getting a couple things for my son before school on Tuesday...............YAY!!!! He's bored and I'm ready to go crazy with him sleeping in and basically being a slacker. Love you Jeremy, but it's time for school to start. Anyway, thought I'd add a couple more pictures. We had planted some Hydrangea bushes in the front of the house and they really have produced this year. We usually pick a bunch to dry for bouquets, but Mom wanted to try to make a wreath. So she did! As they dry she will have to fill in but it looks gorgeous. When it's all dried, I'll take a photo of it. For hydrangeas you don't have to do anything special, just pick them and either put them in a basket, vase, grapevine wreath, or you an hang them in bunches and they dry nicely on their own. And, how beautiful they are!! Don't you love the picture of the dogs watching Mom. She is their pack leader!!
Until next time.....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.