The Old Tattered Flag

Tuesday, April 26, 2011



I don't know what I'm thinking, first I hate having my picture taken, secondly, ugh, to put it on my blog!!! But, it was the traditional Easter photo with my two boys. My hubby wanted a recent picture of us. Handsome boys huh? We had a nice Easter, the boys, my mom and I went to brunch at the Commons on Fort Drum. I decided absolutely no point counting on Easter Sunday and ate to my hearts content. Problem was, I ate way too much Easter Candy. It became a quest and boy did my tummy hurt by the end of the day!! Live and Learn I guess!

The other picture is one of my newest designs. I don't usually choose bright colors but wanted to show this rug two ways. The first is the summer version which I did, with daisies and a blue background. The second version is being hooked by two of our students right now. It is more a Fall version with a primitive red background and gold sunflowers. It is very pretty either way!

It is still quite cool here but the grass is green. In fact, I went over the backyard with the mower yesterday and it really perked it up. We were able to do a couple hours work in the yard. Things are popping up. I think spring is my favorite time of the year because it holds such anticipation for what is to come.

Well, better get back to work. I hope everyone had a nice Easter and is enjoying Spring! Until next time........

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your boys are indeed very handsome! And so is their Mom! Cherish these photos with your young men! I love your bee skep rug. It looks great!
Courtney

Gayle said...

Nice picture with your boys - sounds like you had a nice Easter! I love your new rug - it looks like such a fun design - can't wait to see it hooked in another colorway!

If you'd be so willing - I'd love to see a picture of the beautiful your rug is displayed on - looks like it's a nice old farmhouse table!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.