The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year busy state of mind......


I know that when you run a small business it's good to be overly busy, but I just can't shake this feeling that I am never going to catch up. I'd love to hear from other business people........do you ever get caught up? I read magazines where they feature artists and think, "wow, they look so "together"." Surely when the camera isn't on them their workspace or house is a mess right. Quite a few blogs ago I showed you a picture of my studio and said that since it was clean I better snap a picture and truthfully I can say, it has never looked that way since. I know it's a good thing to be busy, but just one day I would love to wake up and not think, "ok, what's next." I know, Julie, stop complaining. How do starving artists do it? If I only had to just be "creative" it would be wonderful, but daily I have to update the computer, print out labels, do paperwork. It leaves barely any time for the "fun stuff". To lighten my grumbling I added a picture of our new dog, baxter to sum it up. My mother was measuring wool and adding it to the shelves and when she came out, there he was, plunked in the middle of the table. The dog has no bounderies, he'll stop on or over anything to get where he wants to be. It sure does make it fun and interesting around here. So, I don't mean to grumble, please, keep those orders coming in, if you are a customer reading this. Because on the day I wake up and have nothing to work on I'll wonder what I'm doing wrong.....
Until tomorrow.......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.