The Old Tattered Flag

Friday, May 7, 2010

Random thoughts.......




Well, it's been a busy week! I have been doing some serious shifting in the house. It's amazing how a possible move gets you in gear. Even though we're not moving now we decided to still "clean out". The yard sale pile is getting bigger everyday and now I have the task of going out to the barn and sorting through it all and pricing. I have decided to make the old shop area my new painting studio and it's really coming together nicely. Above to the right, you can see some of my newest paintings.....very folky!! If you are interested, visit my website, www.theoldtatteredflag.com
Above see a model for one of my upcoming paintings. She was leisurely laying there in the grass as we drove up the hill to bring my son back to school. When I told her how pretty she was she perked up her ears. She apparently wasn't afraid because she never even flinched and I was only about 30 feet from her.
Keep checking back to see the progress of the yard sale and more of my art.......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.