The Old Tattered Flag

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Wonderful Sunday!!!

I'm officially fried!!  I haven't felt this tired in a long time.  We spent yesterday in Phoenixville, PA with the Brandywine Rug Hooking guild and had a wonderful time.  It's so nice to see so many familiar faces...and the talent....I'm always amazed at the artistry of these ladies!
Thursday night before we headed down I was up till one AM as I had quite a few things to finish, then, even though I was tired, I layed in bed until about 2:30 thinking of what I still had to do before we left.  So I managed to drift off  then it was back up at 5:30.  I was working on adrenaline as we set up our booth........


I was happy with how it came out and we had a very successful day of selling, so successful that I wasn't able to get any photos of the rugs on display or the works in progress which I was bummed about.  Phoenixville is about 5 1/2 hours from our home and that length of time means we usually tough it out and drive home that night after tearing down the booth and packing everything up.  So, we pulled in at about midnight last night and here I sit.....and I do mean sit!  I know myself and I know that when I feel like this it's my body's way of saying "stop everything, you need to rejuvenate!!"  I "forbade" Mom to work, lol....yea right.....but even she agreed to put her feet up and relax.  
Here's my idea of a perfect Sunday........

Time with my iPad, checking Facebook, Pinterest, playing some candy crush, sketching with my ipencil.......


Time under a blanket.........


Time with my sketch pads.....


A flame in the gas stove....


Potatoes and turnip to go with the Roast that I will thrown in the oven shortly....


A Pie in the oven.  Yes, it is Sunday, pie is ok!  I've come to terms with certain things....for now!


Time with the Patriots.....


...and of course time with my dog...oh yea and hubby!!


So, I'm off to rejuvenate, hope you are having a great Sunday!  To the Brandywine ladies, a huge Thank you! We had a great day and will see you again real soon!  Happy Hooking!

Until next time....



10 comments:

Tina McFadden said...

How do you do it Julie.......REALLY.......how do you do it???????
Tina

theoldtatteredflag said...

Well, I can admit...I am tired, it's been a busy year!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

What a beautiful set up you have😍 Take some time for your creative muse to refuel ~

theoldtatteredflag said...

Thank you Lori!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your booth is beautiful as always!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jacqueline said...

even your "down" time is enough to wear me out.

Miccosukee said...

Your efforts and that of your cadre of helpers seem to have perfected the art of "booth assembly." Here's hoping the smooth running can continue into next year. How have you lived up there and not become caught up into the excitement of college football?

theoldtatteredflag said...

Thank you very much. I don't get into college football though my husband and son always have it on....but I do love my patriots!

theoldtatteredflag said...

Thank you Lauren!

theoldtatteredflag said...

Lol, sometimes it wears me out too!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.