The Old Tattered Flag

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Open House at The Old Tattered Flag ~ 2015

Our Christmas Open House is the last event of the year and for us is really the most special.  We love all our events, but after all, it's Christmas!  I love, love, love our old stone house and love to decorate it for the holidays.  I feel like the stone house is another "character" in my business.  I sometimes think of having a larger shop but then remind myself that the quaintness of having it in the back of the stone house and it's character is what makes it unique to us.  So with that, we "deck the halls" and fill the shop with goodies for our customers.  I love to see the anticipation on their faces, when they are waiting to come in and see what goodies I've chosen for them this year.  The ladies started lining up around 9:40....



We were joined by my Sister, Lisa Evans and her whimsical Santas and beautiful Antique Boards, Denise Smith with her pretty silver jewelry, Robin Paddock with her primitive Santas and ornaments and Venditti Winery for tasting.  We had dipping oils and veggie dip tasting and offered refreshments such as chocolate chip and cranberry cookies, Ginger snaps (Christmas in a cookie), lemon poppy seed cake, chocolate orange cake, spanokapita, truffles, caramels and more.  It was a great day!  I could go on and on about what fun we have but I'll just show the pictures.....

Shop entrance

Stone House Porch




The Shop



Dye Kitchen



Folk For All Seasons










Silver Jewelry by Denise Smith



Dip Tasting

 Primitive Santas by Robin Paddock

Wine Tasting

Goodies....



We "decked our halls"

































So, as you can see, a good time was had at the 4th annual Christmas Open House at The Old Tattered Flag.  We hope you can join us next year!
Until next time....

11 comments:

Vicki Jo said...

How wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful photos!

Unknown said...

Oh, my! I wish I lived closer! I loved your pictures. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

Unknown said...

Get some rest. Looks wonderful Julie.

acorn hollow said...

How I wish I could I have been there.
Cathy

Earlene said...

Wonderful!!!! Puts you in the mood for cozy Christmas!

moosecraft said...

Ahhhh.... your home is beautiful... and your open house looks to be a super success! You've inspired me to get decorating... AND get hooking again! :-) Merry Christmas!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Everything is absolutely beautiful.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

Someday, I am coming to your wonderful house!!!
It just looks like such a fun place to be, not to mention all of the wonderful goodies! I hope you have a lovely Christmas.

theoldtatteredflag said...

Thank you! The best part of your comment was hearing that we've inspired you to hook again!

scarlett said...

Oh my goodness. Lovely.

The Antique Boards by Lisa Evans, does she have a website. Where can I buy one?

Jack Eliza Blog said...

Nice post thanks for shharing

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.