The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Scattered......

I give up on trying to write everyday!  There is just too much going on.  When I hit my chair at night I can barely keep my eyes open.  I'm trying to weed through my muddled brain to think of what has happened since I last wrote.  First I had to actually look at when I had written last.  Crazy doodles, that when.  So, since then we have been making serious progress in the shop.  In the next two weeks it's really going to take shape.  We picked up the ceiling yesterday and Monday the flooring and walls will be ready.  First a visit from the inspector, then we can move on with the finishing.  I am so excited that I can barely stand it.  I can't imagine when we walk in there and the floor and walls are ready for decorating and staging.  Mom and I have cute little decorative things stashed all over the house, so much so that we have forgotten what we've gotten.  That will be fun too, like Christmas going through it all.  
So, last weekend hubby and I finished the large half of the shop with strapping and sleeper flooring.  We started on the smaller last half but first had to take some things down from the rafters.  Well, suffice it to say that after I stapled my finger, hubby cut himself and a quick trip to the ER for 3 stitches to his head, we decided to call it quits for the weekend.  We are both Ok and right back at it this weekend...but we were prepared this weekend....


This week was also hooking week.  On Monday night we had a couple of new hookers on the porch, a nice relaxing pace, then for Open hooking on Thursday we had, gosh I think close to 15 hookers..that was a bit more chaotic...

Here's a gorgeous quilt made by Cathy, one of our Monday night hookers.  Just beautiful!!


Here's Bev and Martha with two of their projects...

I managed to get quite a few new beautiful Woolens added to the website.  www.theoldtatteredflag.com  This one below is one of my favorites, it's called Key West Plaid.  I'm even designing a rug around it!!  Here's the link to our WOOLENS page:  Woolens


 The flower gardens are really in full bloom right now....




...and we will have tons of tomatoes very soon....


We've been working on some new goodies this week as well.  Meet Sam Sheepherd.  Get it!  Mom named them after the actor Sam Shepard.  I said they could also be named Woolford Brimley.  We crack ourselves up sometimes, it doesn't take much.  I'm very happy with how they came out.  They are both available in kit form for punch and hooking on the website and very soon so will the Wool applique version will be as well.


For hooking...here's the link: 



For Punch Needle...here's the link:


When I designed our large "Oh Daisy" pattern a couple months ago I also did a Large Sunflower.  A simple design but...oh my....check out what Mom did.  She knew she wanted a rusty red Sunflower and was going to want it to go from dark to light on the petals so she special dyed some wool for this.  Just stunning.  I have added the pattern or kit (with that fabulous wool) to the website, here's the link:






So that's whats going on here.  I've been playing hooky taking a break from shop work but hubby just caught me so i better get back to work.  I'll be posting pics of shop progress soon....
Until next time....

1 comment:

jan said...

The colors for the sunflower are stunning. Kudos to Carol for that beautiful project!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.