I can't believe another week has gone by. Three weeks from today and we will be back in NY. I am just so happy and excited. We went to Lowes the other day and just walked through the aisles looking at all the things and planning. I even picked out several paint chips for the living room, my bedroom, and my office. I don't know where I'm going to find the time to do it all, but I will!!
As we get set to move, business locally has really picked up. We have visitors to the studio most days and the other day our friends from down the road around Ozark came by for a day of dyeing. Thank you very much Jan, Pam, Donna and Pat for joining us for the day and for treating us to lunch. What a great bunch of gals. We will miss them. Here are some pics from that day......
|Pat is cutting up her delicious chocolate zucchini bread and look who are just waiting for a crumb to fall.....|
|Usually when Mom is dyeing Ollie actually goes under the stove, but here he is all bundled up in some wool. Nothing is off limits for our dogs, so it seems...|
Last time the gals visited us Jan asked me to design her a rug pattern using the Proverb 31:13. I am very pleased with how it came out. Mom chose beautiful feminine colors and the pattern is really very delicate. I just love it. Thanks so much Jan. For those who might be interested in it, I already have it on the website, click below to go there:
On Thursday, Mike and I had some "retirement" errands to do as well as my final Doctor's appt. here. After that we went up to the wonderful Antique Store, Bear Ridge in Crocker, MO, where we had a booth for the past year and collected our stuff......
|Staging from the booth will have a new home in NY. Those two painted flags are going on our porch as I sold all of our porch stuff last year before I knew we'd go back....ugh, when I think of the things from that house that I sold.....|
|Bundles of wool from our booth fill up the basket in the studio....|
|Nancy asked me to dye her some floss to punch my Prim Rooster design. Mom had used her Sandstorm, which is a tan but with a slight greenish hue. I think I've got it here. I can't wait to punch it now too!!|
|Just had to snap this picture of rugs all rolled up. In a couple more days we are going to start packing up the studio.....|
|Baxter and Mom!!! He really is a bit big to be a lap dog don't you think??|
And, because it's the weekend and I have vowed to try all my pinterest recipes, here's one for you. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. I already tried one "just to make sure they are safe" I always say. They do not disappoint.....
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cans Crescent Rounds Dough
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4-oz cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Separate dough into 16 rolls and unroll.
- Brush each piece of dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Evenly divide pumpkin filling and spread over each piece of rolled-out dough.
- Carefully roll up each dough, lightly pinching seams together.
- Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Place cream cheese in your mixer's bowl and cream for 1 minute.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue to beat until well combined.
- Mix in pumpkin pie spice.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove pans from oven and immediately brush each roll with frosting.
In the meantime prepare the frosting.
Last but not least, I've had a couple of you ask about our Stone House in NY, so I thought I'd direct you back to my December 2011 blog where I "had it clean" and gussied up for Christmas. If you want to take a look, here's the link;
So, with that, I better get back to punching. The designs are still coming, just a bit slower at the moment since we are also fully in MOVE mode.
Until next time.....