The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

A LOT going on!

To say a lot is going on is a bit of an understatement.  We are always busy, that's not anything new, but lately things just seem to be piling up.  I just plug away at things one day at a time, but please have patience with me and my lack of posting here and new things on the website.  

To start with, my hubby and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary yesterday.  I just can't believe it's been 25 years!!  Where does time go?   People tell you how fast time goes by, but you just don't believe it until you are there.  I married my best friend 25 years ago and can thankfully say he still is.  

Mike and Julie
July 23, 1988
Mike and Julie today!

So, it would have been a grand idea to go on a tropical vacation somewhere to celebrate our Anniversary, but I told my husband I just couldn't do it right now.  With him retiring from the Army in a few months and us starting our "second" life, our boys scattered (one just healed from having his tonsils taken out), hubby applying for jobs, looking for a new place to live, running a business, I just can't think about a vacation right now.  I feel very scattered and need to feel a little settled before I can think about taking off anywhere.  That said, we did manage to get away to St. Louis (St. Charles) for a night this past weekend.  It was a nice weekend!
Beautiful bouquet from family friends George and Lorraine!

Pretty rock work in St. Charles.




Things have been quiet here on the blog and the website because Mom and I are frantically trying to get ready for our "Get ready for Christmas" sale.  We plan to start it within the next week.  I have drawn over 60 mini kits, things like little message mats, candle mats, trees, Santas, Jack O'lanterns and more for gift giving.  It's time to start thinking about the holidays, can you believe it?  So, Mom is putting together the wools for the kits.  They will come all cut and ready to hook.  We will also be discounting all wool and patterns and we have 4 new designs as well.  Keep watching your email, the blog, facebook or the website.  We are working as fast as we can to get it going!

This explains what we are up to......kind of!  Mom is tearing her room apart to find just the right colors for those mini kits.
 Nancy came by the other day with another handful of her great work to show us.  She is a hooking machine!!!  See some of her work below.....

Nancy's "Down Home" rug, it was a free pattern in the last Primitive quilts magazine.

Nancy's current project, a Difranza floral....gorgeous!

Pretty Red Bird rug by Nancy, sorry, I'm not sure of the designer.

Nancy's Santa rug, again, not sure of the designer.

Nancy's scarecrow rug, I think it is a Need'L'Love pattern, but I'm not 100%.
 Here's a little teaser.  I mentioned that we had 4 new designs.  This is my favorite.....well, maybe not, I love them all, but this one is stunner!!!  Coming soon!

Coming very soon....."No two are alike" (snowflakes that is).  
 And last but certainly not least, I have not forgotten about the Stars and Flowers for wool applique pattern.  All the blocks are stitched.  Now for the sashing or borders.  It's coming along beautifully and has been a real pleasure to work on!!

I'm making progress!!
So, you will understand why we've been quiet lately.  Lot's going on!!  Keep checking back for that sale and for the new designs.
Until next time.......

3 comments:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Congratulations on 25 years and wishing you another 25 plus more!

I will be watching for an email. :-)

Ruth said...

Congratulations on 25 years! I really love that Santa rug. I've never hooked anything before, nor worked with wool. So I'll just imagine it on my floor.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Happy Anniversary wishing you many more!
Great job you and your Mom have been doing on all the projects! They all look wonderful :)

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.