The Old Tattered Flag

Friday, June 28, 2013

A stitch, a beer and a new design............what?

I know I haven't written in awhile.  People always ask me how Mom and I get so much done so fast.  Well, I think it's starting to catch up with me.  I have my hands in a million different projects right now and deadlines soon approaching.  Here's what's been going on....


100 degrees!  That's totally unacceptable!

Oh, look at that, isn't that nice, Julie works on her latest submission for the Wool Street Journal, a free wool applique pattern for the October issue.  Wait, is that a ......beer???  I can count on one hand the amount of beer I have drank in my life, but with the temp you see above I decided to try this bud light "lime" and I have to say, it is so refreshing!!  Seriously, you have to try it!
Hookers will be flocking to stores to pick up their Bud Light Lime so they can continue to work on their wool projects in 100 degree temperatures!!

Project #1, my "Hearts Abound" design for wool applique.  I haven't had a new wool applique project out for awhile, so wanted to be able to have one to offer for the next newsletter.....which I should be working on right now!

Project #2 ~ Stars and Flowers punch needle.  I only have 3 blocks left.  This is my top priority.  I plan to have a punch marathon this weekend if possible.  
It will be nice to get rid of this mess next to my chair!
Projects #3+4 ~ Hand dyed t-shirts ready for me to hand paint.  I'm dying to do this and have been promising them, but just can't find a spare minute!!  Also, my two new Fall designs all ready to be punched...
Project #5 The next submission for the Wool Street Journal.  This will be a free wool applique pattern, so be sure to pick up the October issue, or subscribe, you will not be disappointed, it's a wonderful magazine.  The design is based on one of my Sister's great paper mache folk art pieces.



All of those projects above SHOULD be done by July 1st.  Did I mention that?  So, I hope you understand why I have not been writing lately.  In addition to that we also have about 5 or 6 other things we are working on that I will share with you in a few days.  Watch for the newsletter to come out around June 30.....



Just had to share this beauty.  It was all by itself just waiting to be picked and photographed!!



..............and TA-DA!!!!  This photograph is just not doing this new design justice. I wish you all could see it in person.  Mom finished hooking it last night.  I have had this put aside since last year as it was too late to release it, but am so proud of it.  And as usual, what a phenomenal job Mom did hooking it!!  I will get it uploaded to the website in pattern and kit form tomorrow!  

.........and last but not least, I haven't shown Baxter lately.  Truth be told my husband told me this one might be going too far.  I told him I thought all my friends will most likely just laugh like I did.  Is there any limit to this dog's comfort??  He really just doesn't care!!  We should all be like him.....

Until next time.....


3 comments:

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Oh Baxter, lol! What are all of the yellow boxes?

theoldtatteredflag said...

He's something isn't he? The yellow boxes are my embroidery floss skeins....
Thanks Michelle!

Me and My Stitches said...

All of your projects are always amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing more of those hearts. And for Baxter...nothing like letting it all hang out!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.