The Old Tattered Flag

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lot's going on.......


I find myself feeling weird lately.  Isn't that quite an opening??  I've been watching the blizzard coverage from the East Coast while right now it's in the 50's here and sunny and it just feels weird.  I know that if we were in Evans Mills right now I'd be outside shoveling snow.  Instead, yesterday we went to the Boat Show in St. Louis.  What a different way of life here the mid-west from life in the Northeast in February.

Things have been busy here as well.  Business continues to grow, we will be advertising in 5 publications this year, I am really trying to get us "out there" by posting on facebook, twitter, here at the blog and now have a YouTube channel. Be sure to see our videos on rug hooking, a tour of the old studio and most importantly, our blooper video (are you all getting sick of us yet?)  These are all things I've been wanting to do but just haven't had time, so it's nice to finally get to them.  I have also committed myself to getting all my designs punched.  Then next it will be onto the wool applique designs.  Problem is I want to have my hands in EVERYTHING.  I want to punch, hook, paint, make pins, pin cushions.  How on earth can we do it all??  
So, hope you enjoy the photos of some things we've been working on....speaking of which, I better get back to work!!

Until next time.....


"Checkerboard" game board series available for punch needle.  www.theoldtatteredflag.com 

Jesus Baxter or Jedi Baxter, as my boys called him.  What do you think??

Coming soon......."Easter Delivery"...

This is how Mom keeps her strips separated while she's working on something....

Mom met a friend at the boat show!!

Here are some neat pieces I'm going to make pin cushions on, they will come with the great vintage look scissors...

The "Arch" from basically right under it.  
"Parcheesi" game board partially hooked, just gorgeous!!


I miss my girls, my white leg horn pullets!  See how Mom dyed some white wool with varying shades of brown for their undersides.  She's about to start this one...

This guy has been in my mind for some time.  I'm glad to have finally gotten him on to fabric.....

and once I give her a new design, Mom is giddy while choosing the colors.  He is called "The Patriot"!!!

and here's another one of the tree skirt, coming along nicely, Baxter, really?!

and next for me is 7 more of my petite prim series for punch. I hope to start them tonight....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.