The Old Tattered Flag

Friday, November 16, 2012

Ugly gals.....





Here are the first two angels I have finished and I'm really happy with them.  The test for just how ugly and primitive my angels are (which is a good thing) is my husband.  If he is horrified when he sees them then I know I have achieved the right look, and I was spot on with these gals.  They are not pretty angels, we don't do pretty in our primitive world, do we??  Each gal is mounted on a heavy candlestick, with cloth bodies, stuffed and seriously grunged.  The Americana doll has an old stitched table scarf dress and her wings are hand hooked from wool.  She is holding a tin star.  The Christmas angel has a wool dress, hooked wings and is holding real greens in a stained bag with faux berries.  Each one stands approx. 24 inches.  They are bigger than the look in the photo.  These gals will be on sale in the next couple of weeks.  
We are furiously working on some finished items to fill up the website.  So far we have stitched some table runners, grungy candy canes with fresh greenery and burlap bows, hooked stars and trees and lots of other good things.  I will send out an email and post when I get everything loaded up.  
Next on my list is two primitive Santas much in the same design as the angels above.  I should have them ready in the next couple of days so check back......
Until next time.......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.