The Old Tattered Flag

Monday, November 26, 2012

St. Robert Quilt show and more....

Mom hooking at the St. Robert quilt show....

More St. Robert quilt show....





Doh!!!  Busted!!
Things have been very busy here as usual.  On November 17th we were invited to be in the St. Robert quilt show. It was a very nice day and we finally got to meet some or "our" people.  It was nice to interact with ladies who just loved to create.  We have some local ladies coming over this week and are hoping to get a hooking group going in this area.  
On the 19th both of our boys and my mother in law flew in for Thanksgiving and we had a very nice week of eating, eating and more eating and just relaxing.  It was nice to see the boys but very sad to say goodbye yesterday at the airport even though they'll be home in three weeks for Christmas.  I'm really a big sap, not one of those Mom's who does well with their kids going to school halfway across the country.  I always said when our boys go to school I want to be retired from the Army and settled so they have a place nearby to come to when they have a break.  Well, things don't always work out that way, do they?  So neat and tidy?

Anyway, don't want to sound like such a downer....we have been very busy working on some finished items to get on the website.  Everything from Dolls, Santas, hooked rugs and pillow, paintings and lots of other goodies so that's why I haven't written much.  Look to the website, www.theoldtatteredflag.com by Saturday or Sunday to find that "just right" primitive gift.  And with that I better get back to work....
So, until next time.......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.