The Old Tattered Flag

Friday, May 4, 2012

Angus Hill and new design!!

May 1st, Angus Hill Flea Market opened up for the summer!!


Angus Hill, outside tents still being filled up...


As with most flea market/antique shops there are some......well....quirky things.  We especially loved this one and the expression on Mom's face....priceless!


My new pattern "Beehive In the Flowers" hooked rug all finished.  Also available right now in punch needle and I have the wool applique all cut out, just needs stitching!! 

So, you know winter is officially over when Angus Hill Flea Market is open and on May 1st we were down there.  Little did we know they opened up a couple days early to get the weekend business.  It's one of those places we really love, some junk, but some treasures as well.  You have to be prepared to really dig around and poke to find things.  and of course I did find some things, a HUGE wooden ironing board top to paint on, some old variegated DMC floss, a pin cushion and a nice off white, lacy table runner.  Mom got a white enamelware pot for wool dyeing.  As you can tell by the picture of my mother, it was still chilly in the building, no heat.  Angus Hill is about 4 miles south of Sandy Creek, NY on Route 11.  They are still bringing stuff in and do all summer so we visit every couple of weeks as stuff is constantly changing.  Good place!!

Mom finished my "Beehive in the Flowers" hooked rug, so the pattern will be listed on the website and ebay shortly.  Also available already in punch needle and I have the wool applique all ready for stitching and it's stunning.  Keep watching for it and some other great new things!!
Until next time......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.