The Old Tattered Flag

Monday, April 30, 2012

Now that's a big flag!!!


Actual Size Vintage 48 Star Flag  (hubby almost cut my head off)

I've been wanting to hook an actual sized flag for some time now so finally drew it out the other day.  I's a big one at nearly 3 x 5 feet.  I used one of my vintage 48 star flags as my template.  The worse part is going to be those 48 stars, but look below....

Its amazing how much hooking you can get done on a trip to Massachusettes!
Stars all done!!  We went down to Mass. this weekend so my husband could attend a function.  6 hours each way so I decided to knock those pesky stars out.  They actually weren't that bad when your riding and talking all at once, before  knew it I was done.... now on to the stripes...


Farm Friends all hooked up!!  Great job Mom!
While we were gone this weekend Mom finished up my "Farm Friends" design.  As you may know the animals are also available as 4 separate rugs as well, but I just love this one.  Color planning was difficult, but I just love the outcome!!  So summery. 

I am super excited about some ideas that are floating around in my head right now.  Look for them in the next week or so, they are going to be spectacularly primitive!!
Until next time....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.