The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Turkeys and a Snowman!



Busy, busy here at The Old Tattered Flag. Mom finished hooking my two newest designs "Let's Talk Turkey" and "Pride" (snowman) and I finished my "Let's talk turkey" wool applique pattern. I wanted to make it a bit different than the hooked rug pattern so turned it into a table runner with more vines and threw a couple of pumpkins in. I also decided to use some linen for my background fabric that I had slightly coffee stained. The patterns are available on my website, www.theoldtatteredflag.com
Because I always have to have my hands in something I have been fooling with some really primitive decopage pins and ornaments. I am working on some military unit ornaments for ladies at Fort Drum. It give me a nice break from the textiles here and there. So, needless to say....always busy.
Sorry for the space between blogs, I'll try to be better....
Until next time....

2 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

I just placed an order on your website but it said something about time lapsing? Can you tell me if you got my order? Thanks, Mindy

theoldtatteredflag said...

Hello, no, I did not receive your order.thank you!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.