The Old Tattered Flag

Monday, October 3, 2011

2 New Patterns and Hubby's Home

Well, my husband finally got home Saturday night. Just in time to stack the huge pile of wood I had delivered, LOL! Looking back, the year went by so fast at times. This was our sixth "real" deployment, meaning a whole year gone. Who knows if it will be the last? So now we settle into a regular routine, or as regular as it can be with a small business, a vacation coming up, a senior in high school and junior in college. My schedule has now gone from busy to insane.
Of course I can never take a break, as I waited for him to come home Saturday I tweaked two new Christmas patterns, not sure what I'll name them yet, but they will be on my website by the end of the day. I am punching the Santa one right now. Mom is finishing my Autumn Romance Rug and I'm breathless at how beautiful it is. She chose beautiful colors. Next she will start on Santa.
So, until next time....

1 comment:

freegbird said...

First off...thank you to ALL for your service. You deserve a hearty, happy and fun filled holiday to unwind and wallow in the love of each other. Just happened across your site with the Santa drawings. I make quilts and love to do redwork blocks. The Santa's would work great. Do you have any others that I could use? I'd love to have at least 5 to make a wall quilt for you for your shop. Thanks so much and have a wonderful merry Christmas!!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.