The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wedding Rug.....


Mom asked me to design a rug for a wedding she is attending in October. I had some ideas floating around but wanted to use pennsylvania dutch frakturs as my inspiration. Well, I drew out about 4 different ideas and this is the one she chose. I was secretly hoping she would as it was also my favorite. I don't really design with color in mind, I leave that to Mom and although she does ask my opinion, she kind of has her own ideas. Well, this is just beautiful!!! When she is hooking and it takes my breath away, I know "we done good". This is a big one at 24 x 30 inches and I'm sure the bride and groom will be thrilled. More stuff to come in the next few days so keep checking back.
Until next time..........

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

You both do such amazing work! I love seeing what you two will come up with next. Love this fraktur rug.

The Old Tattered Flag said...

Thank you so much Courtney!!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.