The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hookin in the Garden....













We had a wonderful day for our "hookin' in the garden" party. It was our way to thank our local students for a very successful first year into our rug hooking venture. Though we have been doing this for many years we consider this year our first official year as we have regular classes and quite an extensive collection of wool.
The weather cooperated and everyone brought a yummy dish to share. We had sooo much food. Thanks to everyone who came and to those who couldn't make it because of prioro committments, we hope to see you at our Christmas open house.
Until next time....

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Gosh, it looks so wonderful. I truly wish I lived closer to come take a class! You have a beautiful place.
Courtney

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! Wish I lived closer...Have a great time!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.