The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, February 16, 2011



It's amazing how much better the weather can make you feel. It's still cold right now, but we are suppose to hit 40 tomorrow. The other day it was warm and we did lose quite a bit of snow, enough so that I can see the top of the fence in the yard. LOL! And, add to that that it hasn't snowed for about 3 days so I haven't had to plow! Ah, the small things!
I can feel spring around the corner, so I added a picture of the porch in the summer. This is where we gather to rug hook with a glass of lemonade! Memories!!!
Also included a picture of one of my latest designs just finished by my mother. It's my "Egg Plant" rug pattern. So cute and whimsical. So, a quick blog today, I'm off to draw up three more new patterns. Thanks for the comments ladies, they are uplifting, more than you know. Until next time......

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Your porch looks so inviting! I wish I was there! We're starting to melt here in MA. I'm loving it. Your "Eggplant Rug" is very cute...I think I've told you that, but it's always nice to hear it again! Glad that your shoveling is down to a minimum!! Go Spring!
Take care!
Courtney

theoldtatteredflag said...

Thanks Courtney,
My hubby is from Taunton, anywhere near you? I know you guys have gotten alot of snow too because my mother in law is still there! Yup, you can really feel spring around the corner. When you have a few nice days it really boosts you!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.