The Old Tattered Flag

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Open House


Our Christmas Open House was a big success. I hope everyone had as wonderful a day as Mom, my sister Lisa and I did. Let's face it, the Holidays are about good times, laughing and just sharing in the spirit. I personally want to thank Amy for bringing us that delicious Chicken Alfredo Soup and Garlic Rolls for dinner. It was much needed after the busy week of preparation. And to Linda and those pecan praline bars.............I'm speechless!! Let's just say they didn't last long. Thank you very much!
Also, thank you to our great group of "hookers". You have truly made this a special year for Carol. Since the passing of my father it has been a tough transition, with leaving their house in Florida, the move to NY and a serious change in her life. You all have no idea of the "therapy" you provide every time you come over to join both of us. It's also been great for me with my husband away this Christmas, to be able to fill the time with great friends. We love to open the house and are so happy to have been able to offer some enjoyment to you in the form of hooking, and good conversation.
We hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We look forward to more hooking in the New Year.

Please click on the play button above to share in our Open House.

Thanks again,
Julie and Carol

**By the way, as you can tell, not all the photos are of the open house, some are from our trip to NYC and my son Jeremy singing in his christmas concert.

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.