The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy Month and a Half




I can't believe it's been since the end of July that I posted. I knew this was going to be a busy summer and it surely has been. My mother and I headed out the beginning of August and drove to Florida to pack up her house. While there, my husband and boys flew in and we had a mini vacation in Orlanda. It was a blast, but three days there is long enough. We then went back to my mother's house, packed up a 24 foot truck and made the long drive back to NY.
Once back we began the long process of going through all her stuff and cleaning, putting out and pricing and are now going to have the mother of all barn sales. It will be Sept. 17 & 18 from 10-3. Look at all that stuff!!!
Add to that that we were also in a craft show in Clayton NY. Rug hooking has really taken off for both of us, for her with her finished rugs and classes, for me, the patterns that I design. While in Clayton we got around 30 prospective new students to sign up for lessons. Mom will have 7 new students alone in two classes tomorrow. We have transformed my front dining room into "the Wool Studio" and it is bursting with yards and yards of hand dyed wools, frames, hooks, patterns and everything else for rug hooking. Since Winter is coming we want to have a nice place for our students to learn. I plan to post pictures of the "Wool Studio" tomorrow so come back and take a look.
So, anyway, if your in the area, come take a look at all the goodies in the barn sale.

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.