The Old Tattered Flag

Monday, November 18, 2013

Goodbye Missouri, thanks for everything!!

Whew, I can't believe it's been 18 days since I've last written.  We are back in NY and setting up the house.  I don't remember it ever being this bad, the "stuff" everywhere.  I don't know if I'm moving slower than ever, or I just have accumulated more stuff.  I know I haven't bought a lot in the last year because I knew of our impending move, so what we brought back was in this house all tidy at one time, but gosh, I just don't know where to put it all now.  
So, that said, I'll step back in time two weeks and show you where our journey back to NY began.....

Mom had packed up her sewing room so she moved her machine out in to the studio.  Here she is sewing some last minute patterns for me....

The studio looks awfully empty, doesn't it??

Mom empty's the shelves of wool.....

Julie packs up the office.....

Mom labels boxes.....

A lot to pack......

The boxes quickly add up....
 And while we pack up the business and load it into a 26 foot truck, the Army sends in the packing team for our household items....

Kitchen all packed up...

Living room all ready to go....

What a nice little going away gift from Nancy!!


I'm sure there is a clever "caption" for this picture, but I'm too tired to think of one......  This is after we had turned the keys back over to the owner of the home.  Thanks Glen for letting us rent your beautiful home for the year....
 And it's off to NY we go......Thanks to all the very nice ladies we met in Missouri, you made our year there a complete delight!!  It's always hard to say goodbye, but as most of you know my heart is in NY with my boys and home.  I hope to see you all again someday, perhaps at a hook in at The Old Tattered Flag's new shop in Evans Mills, NY.

I was only able to snap one picture on the ride, had to get this beautiful shot of the sunset over the cornfields in Indiana.
 So, now we are back in NY, had a very nice surprise waiting for us when we got back which I will share tomorrow.  I will also share pictures of the empty rooms of our 1831 stone house before the chaos of packing boxes hit! 
Come back tomorrow.....
Until next time.....

5 comments:

Myra said...

Gosh, I can't believe I've missed this blog so much. I've read all the back posts from the previous years .... got some fabulous recipes in the process.
Glad you've arrived safe and sound .... let the memories in ~ The Stone House ~ begin ..... again! :-)

Kate said...

So glad your move was safe and you are now HOME!

Glenda said...

I was reading my blogs this morning and had no sooner thought when are the ladies from the old tattered flag going to get settled because I miss their blog when I see you had posted! I am looking forward to seeing your house ! I hope you have a productive day.

Amy said...

Quick nosey question ~ did you still own the home in NY or were you able to buy it back? Can't wait to see the new house pics !!!

theoldtatteredflag said...

Hi Amy,
We still owned the house, had rented it and the tenant moved out, so you could say the stars and moon all aligned for us....

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.