The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Getting ready to go.....

As usual, it's been pretty hectic here.  We are getting ready to leave tomorrow very early, which means we are trying to fill orders to get out before we go, pack suitcases, pack stuff for the lake house we've rented, iron graduation outfits, bathe the dogs, stop the mail, it goes on and on.  So, here I am writing on my blog.  Well, I haven't written in a few days so I felt like I was neglecting it....
Of course, we have to keep our hands busy, so here some things we've been working on, with continuing work on our Stars and Flowers projects....

Butter Stamp Flower ~ A couple of blogs ago I showed you that I designed this rug from a pottery mug I had made a few years ago.  I had pressed the flower design from a butter stamp I had.  Mom finished hooking it last night.  It will be available as soon as we get back, both in pattern and kit form and very soon available in punch and wool applique....


Here's a cute scrap purse Mom made for herself.  She always chooses very "warm" earthy colors.  Love it!


Six down, fourteen to go.  I'm getting there.....

....from the back, or top depending on how you look at it.  Remember, punchers punch the design in reverse, meaning the design comes out underneath.  

"Stars and Flowers" Hooked Quilt rug HALF done!!!  


Nancy stopped by the other day to show us what she's been up to. I don't think she sleeps.....
She tackled our Butter Mold Chair pads...these are available on our website...
www.theoldtatteredflag.com

She is also tackling a hooked purse...

....and she finished her quilt rug....


......beautiful job Nancy!!! Just stunning..

...and she also finished her Uncle Sam rug, I think I had shown this before, but she added the wool strip binding, see below..


....getting ready to go....

...snacks to bring to the lake house...

Is this wrong??  Hey, I can picture nothing better than sitting on the porch, looking at the lake with an appletini, rum punch, or limoncello in hand!!

So, I will try to write during our vacation.  We plan to visit the Shelburne Museum and there is some wonderful folkart there, I hope to get inspired.  And I'm sure they'll be other subjects to pass along...
If you order from the website or Ebay, please know that we will not ship orders, after today, until May 30.  

Until next time.....


2 comments:

moosecraft said...

Looks like you have all the essentials for a wonderful getaway! :-) Have a safe and fun trip!

I hope to be caught up enough with my projects to be able to order the Stars and Flowers NP pattern when you return... just love how that is looking! Of course, I love the hooked version too, though don't think I would ever finish it... so, I'll just admire your Mom's hooking on that one! ;-)

Miccosukee said...

Go enjoy yourselves. If the weather is as pretty there as here, then you will be in for a treat. I might even have some more loops pulled up on my rug, one of your designs!

Take care,
trisha

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.