The Old Tattered Flag

Friday, March 8, 2013

A flurry of busy.....


Hi Everyone, sorry I haven't written in a few days.  It's been very busy.  I think with facebook, twitter, the blog, the website, the newsletter and Youtube we are really getting our name out because business is really fast and furious.  If I don't write it's because we are busy filling orders.  That is our #1 priority.  Ideally if I get an order in, I like to get it out the same day, at the very least, within one to two days.  I love to order from the internet but hate waiting for the goodies to arrive as I'm sure you all do too, so I like to get the goodies right out to you.  

Last weekend we were set up in a quilt shop in St. Robert, MO. for a "shop hop" for three days.  It was a very pleasant three days, so nice to see creative ladies who love to do what we do (although I'm not a quilter, it rubbed off on me as you will see below)



I'm putting together a wall quilt for myself, but will have some of this gorgeous material leftover if anyone wants us to put a kit together for you.  It will come with enough fabric for the 9 - (10 in.) squares a 1/4 yd. of oatmeal wool for the stars and 1/4 yd. federal blue for the circles. Let me know if you want it as I won't have that much leftover.


This table is centered in our studio and I love coming in here everyday and this being the first thing I see, but I  really wanted to show you the fraktur eagle that Mom just put a cording edge on for me.


I am currently working on a "finishing" video with different methods for finishing your rugs.  This cording method is my favorite, so professional!!  This will be shown in the video that I hope to get uploaded today, tomorrow at the latest!


Cording method from the back of the rug......she does good work, eh?

Wool in the studio waiting to be tagged and shelved!  

Here's a gorgeous piece of fabric I bought at the quilt store last week.....I don't know what I'm going to do with it, not enough for a shirt.  Love it!!

So, here is our Wool Bundle of the Month for March, isn't that nice......look at the next picture to see what I encountered when I came out to the studio yesterday......

Mom!!!!!  Very funny!!

Send good vibes Baxter's way, he's got a boo boo, came home with a bloody paw last night, I discovered that one of his claws is missing.  He's got a very sore foot!  Poor guy!!

We have so many great ideas to come, just need the time to get them done.  I'll share the secret for a couple; two very easy bags, a carpet bag using a 1/4 yd. piece of your favorite wool and an easy hobo bag.  Now that I've teased you, you'll have to keep checking back to see them.

Until next time.........

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.