The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1st Game board and some other goodies!

Game board #1 ~ Checkerboard hooked rug
1st in a series of 4

One more picture from our visit up North, snowy Mt. Mansfield......brrrrrr!!!

Future designs in the works, see the other three game board patterns that will be coming soon!

Caprese Salad...yum!


I wasn't going to show you the 1st Game Board until all four were done, but I just can't help myself.  What a fabulous job Mom did hooking it.  If you look in picture #3 you can see the  other 3 that will follow.  I asked that she hook them all in the same colors of red, white and blue with a nice soft brown for the "wood" detailing.  I love the colors they are so vintage looking.  Each game board pattern is 22 inches square and will be available very soon on the website.    www.theoldtatteredflag.com as well as the other designs you see in picture #3.  The other game boards will be parcheesi, Chinese checkers and backgammon.

I also wanted to show one more picture from the frozen tundra from our weekend.  It was cold, but man, that looks bad doesn't it??

Lastly, on our last night in Boston I had this great salad and wanted to try to making it at home.  I spread some pesto sauce on the bottom of the plate, then topped with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes, then lightly drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkling of basil.  It is so good!!!

Keep checking back, we have lots of other goodies to share with you in the next weeks....
Until next time.....

2 comments:

moosecraft said...

Ooooh! Gameboard hooking here I come!!! Love the first one, and the drawings for the rest of the series look fabulous! Better get caught up on my hooking.... so I can order these next! ;-)

theoldtatteredflag said...

...and it's so much better in person than in the photo. I wish you could all see it firsthand......

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.