The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cookie #10 in "the 12 Days of Christmas" and a visitor to the studio today!




When we were making our cookie boxes when I was a kid, pecan snowballs always went in.  I made these today and when I tried one it was like stepping back into my childhood. They are such a good cookie to have with tea or coffee.  Kind of like a shortbread but loaded with nuts.  Not too sweet, but with powdered sugar on the outside.  Just so yummy!


Pecan Snowballs           
½lb. butter
4Tbsp. sugar
2C ground pecans
2C flour
1tsp. vanilla

Directions

Cream sugar and butter, then add other ingredients. Make into small balls and bake at 375º F. until lightly browned. Shake in powdered sugar just before serving

Oh wow!!  Nancy's Christmas quilt, just gorgeous!!
Nancy was our first rug hooker here in Missouri and as you can see, she is a lady of many talents.  She started out quilting, but lately has become obsessed with rug hooking.  She recently finished this quilt though.  The appliques are all wool.  So beautiful!!

Until next time......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.