The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In Missouri......

Awwww, cute rabbit in the courtyard...

Baxter....
Driveway leading up to the house...


Shop is in front of house, peek around corner to the house...

little pond in courtyard in front of house...
corner of the house....


Front of house....

Meadow on side/front of house...

Hubby....



Makeshift dining room...




New shop....

New shop counter.....
Stained glass window in kitchen....


Step gardens....

Upstairs landing.....
Kitchen......wow, look at that stove.....






 Well, after many months of getting ready, having yard sales to downsize, organizing, getting kids off to college, packing up the house in NY, we are finally in Missouri. I found this cute little house online and asked the owners if they wouldn't mind renting instead of selling and they accepted, so, now we are slowly but surely getting settled in Rolla, Mo.  Our household goods are due to arrive any minute as I am writing and it sure will be nice to start decorating.  This house is truly amazing.  First, it is way off the road, very private, which I just love.  I would not call myself a hermit, but when I am home I do love to just be "home". walk around in my sweats or pj's without the neighbors seeing.  When my kids were growing up a busy neighborhood was perfect, but now I prefer peace and tranquility and we sure do have it here.  The house is full of character, in fact, it looks like an English cottage.  You can see that it has a beautiful courtyard garden right in the front of it.......which Mom was already out weeding the very first day. There is a separate shop area for The Old Tattered Flag and just look at that kitchen!!!  
We will be here for two years and I'm sure will be very happy.  The area is very different from Northern NY though.  I was 98 yesterday and very humid which will take some getting use to, but in truth, I think I prefer that to a windy, snowy day.  There are several vineyards in the area, tons of Antique stores and St. Louis is only 100 miles away so I see lots of day trips in our future.  
Some of you have asked for pictures of our new home so I thought you'd enjoy seeing these "before" photos.  I'll get more on when we are all set up so stay tuned.
Until next time......

1 comment:

Lori Hickman Photography said...

The house is absolutely gorgeous! I think I just need to fly to MO and Jeremy needs new senior portraits (or can they be freshman college ones :) ) either way that landscaping and the home are absolutely breathtaking! Enjoy MO and I hope the army has us meet again very soon!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.