The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July tradition........

BAXTER!!!

Hooked Flag Rug progress....

Is it hot where you are??  We had a couple of hot days here, but I actually didn't think it was too bad.  I think the stone house stays cool, especially when we have cooler nights.  We had a very quiet 4th of July, but did manage to have our traditional lobster feed.  We planned to go get the chix lobsters that were on sale at price chopper, but by the time we got there they were sold out, so we "HAD" to get the 3 pounders.  Well, I hate to say it, but that was too much lobster.  Never did I think those words would leave these lips.  Mom ate a 2 1/2 pounder with no problem and said it wasn't too much!!  Little lady, big appetite!!!
Speaking of appetites, what did Baxter eat?? Lol, I took this picture after I was finished drawing some patterns and he had a large piece of monks cloth string hanging from his mouth.  That dog always finds something to get in to.
Last but not least, I've had a bit of time to work on my flag.  It doesn't look like much, but trust me, it's so much bigger in person and that is a lot of straight line hooking.
I'm so excited because Mom is working on a new design right now and I'm anxious for everyone to see it.  Plus I have another one right behind that one ready to go.  They are both fall designs.  Keep watching......
Until next time.... 

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.