The Old Tattered Flag

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Just couldn't wait!!





Well, I was going to wait to show you the finished product until I had a beautiful dowel to hang my wall quilt on, but I just couldn't wait!!!  I am so pleasantly suprised and pleased with my first wool wall applique quilt design.  These are not easy to plan and alot of thinking went into this, yes, thinking, that's the key word, remember, I'm blonde!!  LOL!  But, so glad to have it all done, now comes the part of writing up the instruction.  So, if you are interested in this pattern, please keep checking the website, I hope to be able to have it on by the beginning of next week. 
Also wanted to show you my "floating stars" rug that I finished last night.  I stayed up till 1am to get it done.  Again, I've written before about how the design took on a life of it's own.  I'm very happy with the outcome, but it's not done.  I am going to put a blue braided edge on it.  That process will be in the July issue of The Wool Street Journal, so this will be the last time I show this rug.  You'll have to check out the magazine.  Speaking of The Wool Street Journal, mom and I are pleased to announce that we are featured in April's issue.  We got it in the mail the other day and it was like Christmas.  Bonnie did a great job and we are so happy to be a part of the Wool Street Journal Family.  I also have a cute little free wool applique pattern in there, so be sure to check it out.  Off to lunch and Birthday shopping for the husband,
until next time......

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.