The Old Tattered Flag

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nice Steady pace..........





This is the time of year I just love. The yard is being maintained, the garden has been planted (by Mom), things are lush and green and you can take the time to really enjoy things. I have been "puttering" taking photos of things, finishing up projects, starting new ones, coming up with ideas for new patterns. I swear, my brain is in overdrive!
I actually drew out a set of 6 chair cushion designs that I will be getting out soon. They are super primitive and I can't wait to start hooking them up.
The pictures.......
The first one is a gorgeous owl my father bought for my mother a few years ago. He has a nice spot on the porch!! He is made of cement and is very heavy, but when my mother was moving here from Florida and wondered if she should keep him. I told her he's way to0 special not to keep.
Next is my floral heart punch needle pattern I just finished punching. The next photo is the same pattern that I am hooking. I should have that done by the end of the week, but, hubby is heading home this week for R&R, so you just never know.
The last photo is just a nice picture I snapped and "aged". My mother was sewing out on the porch and had her pin cushion next to the beeskep. The best pictures are the ones that are not staged. I just love to go outside and snap away.
So, keep watching because I've got lots of pictures and ideas to come in the next few weeks.
Until next time....

No comments:

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.