The Old Tattered Flag

Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Designs for rug hooking






Well, as I may have told you, I usually design rugs from my paintings, but lately it seems to be the other way around. Guess it doesn't really matter does it? Here are four new hooking designs that I hope to get painted by next weekend. Mom has already hooked the bunny one, I'll get a picture of it on soon as well as some paintings I DO have done.
Mom and I had to go down to Syracuse yesterday so decided to visit Armory Square. It's the first time since I've lived here that we went there. It was charming. I can see that in the summer it must be a busy little place. There were a few shops and a lot of restaurants. Um, no WW point counting today!! We splurged. After that we went over to Super Joannes and LL Bean, then hit Wegmans and then headed home. It's amazing how just a little shopping trip can brighten your winter blahs......

2 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

These are beautiful! I especially love the "Eggplant"--funny!
Courtney

theoldtatteredflag said...

Thank you Courtney! I thought it was funny too, but truth be told, it's as simple as the fact that my mother actually brought home a real eggplant for dinner which got me to thinking...........hmmm............!

About Me

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my blog. I am married and just entering the second phase of my life as a Army retiree's wife. My husband and I did 25+ years in the Army. He is now officially a retired Colonel and has just entered the civilian workforce and I am happily settled in our 1830 Stone house. I (along with my Mom) operate www.theoldtatteredflag and currently we are building a small shop in the back part of the house. We live in Northern NY, right near the Canadian border. I have two handsome sons and 2 puggles. Life is busy for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way.